The Cutlery Mill was originally built in 1832 according to designs by C.L. Engel. A wooden top storey designed by J.E. Wiik was added in 1851. The building burned down in 1888, but was rebuilt as it is now in the same red brick. The low annex dates from the early 1900s. The Cutlery Mill was renovated in the 1980s and again in 2013 when Hotel Tegel opened its doors. Nowdays the modern interior contains Hotel Tegel, that serves as a hotel with 13 rooms and as a conference center.