Machinery workshop

Finland’s first machinery workshop was built at Fiskars in 1837. On the ground floor were a turnery and a forge, and on the upper floor were a filing shop, the model carpenters’ workshop and drawing office. The machinery workshop produced, among other items, Finland’s first steam engines for ships, the iron lock and bridge structures of the Saimaa Canal, and countless agricultural implements. Today furniture workshop Nikari houses the building.