Office building

The oldest surviving building at Fiskars is the ironworks office from 1765. Originally built as a residence for the owner of the works, the house was painted with ruddle (a red pigment) in the nineteenth century, and its present restored and enlarged appearance dates from 1911. The oldest surviving part of the building is the masonry ‘safe’, or vault, in which the ironworks kept its strongbox. Today the building houses Fiskars Real Estate office.