Assembly Hall

The meeting house, Samlingslokalen or Lukaali, known in English as the Assembly Hall, was designed by the architect Waldemar Aspelin in the revival style of the late nineteenth century, and built with the cooperative efforts of local residents in 1896. Hanging in the large auditorium today are paintings from 1938 by Lennar Segerstråle. The artist used local people as his models, which gives added interest to these works that have recorded something of what life used to be like at the ironworks. Today, the building continues to serve its original purpose and over the years has been the venue for countless meetings and celebrations.