Completed in 1836, the foundry had two cupola furnaces. Products of the foundry were mostly used by the ironworks and in Fiskars Village. Cogwheels and machine parts were manufactured in the foundry, but some cooking stoves, pots, pans, and other household utensils were also made for sale. In its day, a very large order was for ninety cast-iron columns and a waterwheel for the Finlayson cotton mill built in Tampere in 1837. The foundry closed in 1954.