The red-brick Clock Tower Building from 1826 was originally a school. In the 1830s the stables were added as a second wing. At the same time a wooden clock tower was added to the roof. The original Finnish-made Könni no. 9 clock has marked the time at Fiskars since 1842. The architects C.L. Engel, A. Peel and A.F. Granstedt were involved in the design of the building in various ways. At present, it contains apartments, shops and exhibition rooms.
Built as workers’ houses. Present-day residents also include many craft workers and artisans.
The Workers' tenements were originally houses built for the workers. The older building, on the right of the square, was designed by the architect C.L. Engel and dates from 1827.
The red-brick Clock Tower Building from 1826 was originally a school. In the 1830s the stables were added as a second wing.
The meeting house, Samlingslokalen or Lukaali, known in English as the Assembly Hall, was designed by the architect Waldemar Aspelin in the revival style of the late nineteenth century, and built with the...