The Cutlery Mill was originally built in 1832 according to designs by C.L. Engel. A wooden top storey designed by J.E. Wiik was added in 1851. The building burned down in 1888, but was rebuilt as it is now in the same red brick. The low annex dates from the early 1900s. The Cutlery Mill was renovated in the 1980s and again in 2013 when Hotel Tegel opened its doors. Nowdays the modern interior contains Hotel Tegel, that serves as a hotel with 13 rooms and as a conference center.
Built as workers’ houses. Present-day residents also include many craft workers and artisans.
Originally built in 1914 as a workshop for making plows, this building was enlarged with factory facilities in the 1970s. It now houses various kinds of shops, workspace and offices.
The Laundry was built in 1860. In addition to a laundry, the building housed a mangling room and a bakery, and in later years a primary school, the ironworks telephone exchange and a branch library. Like many...
The red-brick Clock Tower Building from 1826 was originally a school. In the 1830s the stables were added as a second wing.