Fire Station

The Fiskars Fire Station was built in 1912 and renovated in 1931 in connection with the 50th anniversary of the Fiskars Voluntary Fire Brigade. The hoses were hung to dry inside its tall tower.


← Back

Lisää kategoriassa Historia & arkkitehtuuri

Suutarinmäki

Built as workers’ houses. Present-day residents also include many craft workers and artisans.  

Read more

Fiskars Wärdshus

Fiskars Wärdshus is a time-honoured inn dating from 1836, currently serving visitors as a restaurant and hotel.

Read more

Manor House

Stenhuset (stone house) or the Manor House is the main building of the Fiskars Ironworks. Built in 1816-1822, it originally provided both living quarters for the owner and an administrative center for the...

Read more

Office building

The oldest surviving building at Fiskars is the ironworks office from 1765. Originally built as a residence for the owner of the works, the house was painted with ruddle (a red pigment) in the nineteenth...

Read more