This small two-storey masonry building was named Kardusen (tobacco box) by local residents. It was built in 1843 for the cutlery mill’s smiths who had moved to Fiskars from Sheffield, England.
Built as workers’ houses. Present-day residents also include many craft workers and artisans.
The Cutlery Mill was originally built in 1832 according to designs by C.L. Engel. A wooden top storey designed by J.E. Wiik was added in 1851.
The Fiskars Granary was built of slag brick in 1902 according to designs by Waldemar Aspelin. The Granary is in a solid Neo-Renaissance style and it has served as exhibition rooms since 1996.
Finland's first machinery workshop was built at Fiskars in 1837. On the ground floor were a turnery and a forge, and on the upper floor were a filing shop, the model carpenters' workshop and drawing...