Finland's first machinery workshop was built at Fiskars in 1837. On the ground floor were a turnery and a forge, and on the upper floor were a filing shop, the model carpenters' workshop and drawing office. The machinery workshop produced, among other items, Finland's first steam engines for ships, the iron lock and bridge structures of the Saimaa Canal, and countless agricultural implements. Today furniture workshop Nikari houses the building.
Peltorivi is the upper street of the Fiskars ironworks. The red houses along it were built to their present appearance in the 1820s and 1830s, at which time eight late eighteenth-century houses for workers...
Completed in 1836, the foundry had two cupola furnaces. Products of the foundry were mostly used by the ironworks and in Fiskars Village.
The red-brick Clock Tower Building from 1826 was originally a school. In the 1830s the stables were added as a second wing.
A workers’ housing area. Built around 1890. Owned by the town of Raseborg.