Peltorivi is the upper street of the Fiskars ironworks. The red houses along it were built to their present appearance in the 1820s and 1830s, at which time eight late eighteenth-century houses for workers were either repaired or completely rebuilt. The houses were renovated in 1992.
The Workers' tenements were originally houses built for the workers. The older building, on the right of the square, was designed by the architect C.L. Engel and dates from 1827.
The red-brick Clock Tower Building from 1826 was originally a school. In the 1830s the stables were added as a second wing.
The stone cowshed was built in 1921, when it housed some 150 cattle. The building, which may have been designed by Lars Sonck, is today home to the Desico Candle Factory and Tahvoset Garden Shop.
Completed in 1836, the foundry had two cupola furnaces. Products of the foundry were mostly used by the ironworks and in Fiskars Village.